Colorado River Regional Crisis Services



Thank you for considering a donation to the Colorado River Regional Crisis Services. Donated funds, goods and services help to decrease the cost of running our shelter. In-kind donating is a great way to involve local businesses and schools with drives and sponsorships towards helping our domestic violence shelter. 

For more information, please visit our business office:

Colorado River Regional Crisis Services
1301 S Joshua Ave, Suite C
Parker, AZ 85344
Phone: 928.669.8620
Fax: 928.669.2194

volunteers wanted!

Thank you for your interest in our Volunteer program. Volunteers are an essential and valued part of our organization. We provide a variety of individual and group volunteering opportunities, and we are committed to providing our volunteers with options that provide flexibility in working around their schedules.

Volunteer Opportunities:

  • Outreach Support
  • Teaching Specialty Classes
  • Special-Event Support
  • Fundraising Support
  • Facility Maintenance
  • Thrift Store Associate

We ask all volunteers to complete a Volunteer Application which allows us to identity their areas of interest and also aid us in ensuring the safety and confidentiality of those we serve. Further information may be obtained from our Volunteer Program Coordinator, Stephanie McDowell. Applications are available from our business office or you may download our applications here.

The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit

The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for donations to the Colorado River Regional Crisis Services.

What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction? A tax credit is applied as a reduction to your tax bill. In this case, the credit comes off the top of your state tax bill, lowering the amount of money that you must pay. In addition to the state tax credit, your gift can be taken as a deduction on your federal taxes.

How do I qualify? You must itemize charitable contributions on your tax return. First, you simply establish a baseline year for charitable contributions by determining the amount of money you deducted from your income as charitable giving in 2007 (or the first year after that you itemized deductions in your tax return). The amount of charitable giving you deducted from your 2007 tax return (or later, if you did not itemize your return that year) is your baseline amount. Any donation that exceeds that dollar amount of charitable giving in your baseline year is eligible as your tax credit (up to $400 per married couple in 2008). That credit you can tell the state to direct to qualified charities, such as CRRCS.

If you have questions regarding this tax credit, please consult your tax advisor or contact the Arizona Department of Revenue at (602) 255-3381. You may also read about this tax credit on-line at the Arizona Department of Revenue website.